Tips on How to Use a Stump Grinder管理
Tips on How to Use a Stump Grinder
Using a stump grinder is not as difficult as most of us tend to think. Although there are the so-called professional operators, it does not mean that you cannot operate it. You just need to learn a few techniques, and you are good to go. Whether you are using a Carlton, RAYCO, Vermeer or Yellow Jacket stump grinder, there is no magic about using these grinders. In this article, you will some of the essential techniques on how to use a stump grinder. Here are the key tips/steps to follow:
- Clear the base around the stump by removing debris surrounding the stump base. This is an easy task you can do manually with a garden mattock or a shovel. The importance of this stage is to protect the cutting wheel from damages caused by rocks and metal chips. Make sure that the base is thoroughly cleaned of debris.
- Position the Wheel. With the stamp base cleared, it is now time to start positioning the stump grinder. The first thing to do is to position the cutting wheel on the stump. Raise the wheel a few inches from the stump by the use of the hydraulic lever. Then, place the cutting wheel over the front edge and let the wheel begin spinning and lower gently to about 3 inches into the stump.
- Clear off wood chips from the first grinding. Swing the wheel from one side to another by the use of the hydraulic lever. This motion helps clear out and slowly remove the wood.
- Dig down about 4 inches and raise the wheel. Then move the machine a few inches forward and continue with cutting. Make sure that you are in control of the panel as grind away the stump. Make sure that you are paying close attention to the rear of the machine to ensure that stump grinder is working on the stump.
- Grind the remaining portion. Now that the stump is already gone, the next thing is clearing the remaining parts of the stump. The minimum that you can go below the ground is 4 inches. Pause once in a while to check of the dug hole is below the said 4 inches. Then start removing the wood chips as you grind the remaining parts.
- Now you are done with stump grinding, and it’s time to fill in the hole. Rake in the soil slightly and use the grass to cover the ground evenly. If you want to plant seeds, this is the perfect time to do that.
That is how easy it is to use a stump grinder. You don’t need to be an expert.