- Overview of Forestry Mowing or Forestry Mulching
Forests can grow thick with bushes, brambles, branches, underbrush, and all kinds of vegetation. When that happens, they become inaccessible and inhospitable to humans. When these forests are privately-owned, they can become difficult to manage, especially when later on its owner may choose to utilize it for business or recreational purposes.
It is extremely challenging to clear forests of these kind manually. You would need lots of manpower and man hours. It may not be cost-effective because the manual clearing of a dense forest may be inefficient. The task may drag on for days, if not weeks and months.
Fortunately, there is technology available for doing the task of forestry clearing. They are equipments or machines which sole purpose is to clear forests as quickly and as effectively as possible. These equipments or machines are called Forestry Mowers or Forestry Mulchers. Today, there are numerous forestry mowers or forestry mulchers in the market, but the leading and more popular ones are the Fecon Mulcher, Fae Mulcher, Bradco Forestry Mulcher, and the Ahwi Forest Mulcher.
- What are Forestry Mowers or Mulchers?
Forestry mulchers look similar to your regular tractor machines, but they are usually bigger in size. They also have “heads” called “rotors” that have sharp teeth-like parts called simply “teeth”. Forestry Mowers or Forestry Mulchers can literally “plunge” into trees, brambles, branches, thick underbrush and clear a path through them. The rotors or “heads” of these machines are heavy-duty and are extremely strong. They “teeth” are also extremely sharp capable of cutting and “munching” anything that stands in its way. Think of it as a robotic Cookie Monster, but instead of cookies, it devours trees and dense underbrush.
Forestry Mowers like the Fecon Mulcher and its rivals the Fae Mulcher, Bradco Forestry Mulcher, and the Ahwi Forest Mulcher have several purposes. Here are some of them:
- To clear forests and make way for paths, roads, and highways.
- To clear forests and develop the land for commercial or residential use. Forest mowers are one of the very few persons real estate developers call before they begin building their buildings, condominium towers, residential apartments, and suburban houses.
- To control the growth of aggressive types of vegetation that “invade” into the spaces of trees and plants.
- To prevent the occurrence of forest fires. Dry underbrush and trees are easily combustible. Wildfires spread quickly because of them. Forestry Mowers are often brought in to clear these growths and prevent fires from happening or spreading.
- The use of Forestry Mowers like the Fecon Mulcher, Fae Mulcher, Bradco Forestry Mulcher, and Ahwi Forest Mulcher saves cite developers, real estate companies, or private land owners lots of time. These machines can clear acres and acres of forests in a few hours. This is especially useful if the timeline for certain real estate projects are short.
- These brands of Forestry Mowers or Mulchers are very efficient in that they only destroy these vegetation but they leave the soil largely undisturbed. Other rival brands may not be as efficient as these leading brands.
- The parts of the Fecon Mulcher and the Fae Mulcher, such as their head and teeth are made from heavy duty, high quality steel, so they are extremely durable.
- They are also relatively easy to operate.
- Perhaps one of the disadvantages of these machines is that they are expensive. That is hardly surprising because they are heavy duty equipments. But they are worth investing into, especially if you have a long-term need for them.
Forestry Mowers are extremely useful applications for forestry clearing. They are something you simply can’t do without in this industry. Brands like Fecon, Fae, Bradco, and Ahwi are the leaders in the market.